In comparison to other technologies, solutions based on thermal printing (e.g. printing without using ink on a label with a thermal capacity) are very economical, do not require inks and supplies and the cost of labels and ribbons is very low.
Since thermal printers are very different compared to Inkjet or Laser printers, you might find some difficulties initially to choose precisely the thermal printer that meets the needs of your business unless you know some basic characteristics.
At this point is important to emphasize that all thermal printers are monochrome and they are not able to print colour labels. These machines print thermally (either direct thermal or thermal transfer) which are both monochrome printing technologies.
Before buying a thermal printer, a little research should be made. Some of the key elements that one should take into consideration before buying a thermal printer are listed below.
- It is necessary to have a clear idea about the application you want to use it.
- Where to place the label printer? In an office or industrial environment?
- What will the barcode printer print? Labels, tickets, wristbands or tags?
- How often will you use the printer and how many labels does the printer prints?
- What is the size of the labels you will need to print.
- In what environment the printed labels will be used? For example you may have a product that needs to be storage in freeze environment.
Knowing all this accurately will help you on choosing the type of barcode printer you need and other features you’ll need. If you are not sure about the type of thermal printer your company needs, do not hesitate to contact us and request all the information you want to know.